Ebook Free Download | Linguistic Philosophy: The Central Story | This is pretty subjective, but this book reminds me a lot of Barry Stroud's "The Significance of Philosophical Scepticism." It's been a few years since I read Stroud's book, but comparing the two, Stroud's is slight better argued and better written, but Garth Hallett's is slightly more interesting, more thought-provoking and bigger in scope.
The best way I can categorize this is as neo-Wittgensteinian. It is as if he saying "let's think again about what we mean by linguistic philosophy and, in particular, the concept of ordinary language." I don't quite get his thesis yet, but he finds wonderful places to explore it philosophers who are new to me or sides of philosophers I hadn't read about before. I find it much richer and more exciting than other overviews of linguistic philosophy.
Download Linguistic Philosophy: The Central Story Link 1
Download Linguistic Philosophy: The Central Story Link 2
Please give crackling and his advice to the progress of this web.
ebookfree-download.blogspot.com
{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }
Post a Comment