Ebook Free Download | Understanding addiction as self medication: Finding hope behind the pain | I have been a practicing psychotherapist for over 20 years and I have had the privledge to know Dr. Khantzian and Dr. Albanese personally and to read their separate works. With that bias being disclosed, I highly recommend this book for anyone intersted in understanding the simple and elegant 'self medication hypothesis'(SMH) of addictive disorders. Although this phrase (coined by Dr. Khantzian over 30 years ago) is now part of our populist Zeitgist.
In this simple and very readable book, the SMH is presented in a practical and usuable manner. The authors provide empirical evidence for the SMH as a unifying theory of both etiology and treatment of the addictive disorders and the person suffering with addictive disorders is given both empathy and reverence. I have had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Khantzian teach over many years at the Harvard Medical School "Treating the Addictions" conference. The humility of the authors and well as their sincere caring and revernce for those suffering with addictions came through in a unique blend of theory and "how to" information.
Download Understanding addiction as self medication: Finding hope behind the pain Link 1
Download Understanding addiction as self medication: Finding hope behind the pain Link 2
ebookfree-download.blogspot.com
{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }
Post a Comment