Ebook Free Download | Thriving in the New Economy: Lessons from Today's Top Business Minds | As a Ph.D. in mathematics, a computer scientist and an investor in equities and currencies,I admit, my economist daughter is likely right--I am a bigger nerd than she. But Lori Ann LaRocco's book is not just for the quant guys, nor the algo gals, but for the everyday Jane or Joe who wants to pick the brains of the greatest business minds of the last four decades. Number crunching is something I am very good at; but, how to look at the big picture, seize the moment, and capitalize on what was potentially the collapse of the world's economies is a lesson that I learned from the 23 great minds that Lori Ann features in her book. Without giving away too much, I was mesmerized by Pimco's Paul McCulley, who not only talks about how to thrive in the new economy but defines the "new normal". Peter Cohen's frank assessment of the Lehman Brother's collapse hints at what I suspect may have happened. Larry Lindsey talks about the challenge to investors as more power is shifted to Washington--the hazards of greater government involvement in business. Vanguard founder Jack Bogel invests one hundred percent of his money in his own funds and shares how it is allocated. Bob Doll admits that we may be in the middle of another "16 year flat period" for equities; while he views inflation not deflation as the greater threat. Not surprising is the accuracy of the predictions that nearly all of these men and women make as to the course of the markets and the economy over the short term and their nearly unanimous optimism over the long term. It was a pleasure to learn from them and the likes of Steve Forbes, Abby Joseph Cohen and Richard LeFrak to name a few. I find myself picking up the book from time to time and rereading some of my favorite passages when I need inspiration.
Download Thriving in the New Economy: Lessons from Today's Top Business Minds Link 1
Download Thriving in the New Economy: Lessons from Today's Top Business Minds Link 2
ebookfree-download.blogspot.com
{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }
Post a Comment