In the author's intro, he goes over the chapters and tells readers what they can skip depending on their level of technical expertise and blog ambition (getting a blog hosted vs. installing the blog software yourself, for example). I'm pretty computer literate (enough so that I was slightly embarassed when I bought the book - it's my first in the "For Dummies" series). I've done a lot of desktop publishing and typesetting, but am a newbie at Web page building. This book was written simply, but was definitely appropriate for my skill level - I read it in a day, and had my blog site set up the day after. I appreciated the simple language, bullet points, and many screenshots.
Other notable features: Hill has separate chapters for each of the major blog services (MSN, Typepad, Movabletype, WordPress), and the information presented is up-to-date (very important for the blog services that updated their software recently). Overall, it's a good choice for beginners in Web site building. Those with some experience who for some reason ignored the title of this book should opt for something in a more specialized series - one that doesn't cover everything from blogging and yoga - like the Visual Quickstart series.
ebookfree-download.blogspot.com
{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }
Post a Comment